The Council meets on the third Tuesday of each month, (except August), in the Church Room at 7.30 pm. The agenda always starts with public participation when parishioners can raise any issue with the Council. Each month the Council receives reports from the County and District Councillors who attend the meeting. Typical issues include:
- planning applications
- condition of roadways and footpaths
- planning how the precept is spent
- recreational and environmental matters
- deciding on new playground equipment for the Rec and King’s Meadow
- bus services and bus shelters
- rural health
- contact with most village committees
- all matters concerning our village
Council Meetings are usually held on the third Tuesday of the month at 7.30pm at The Church Room, St Agatha’s Church, Brightwell cum Sotwell, although this may differ by exception. No meeting is held in August. Please note this table is a schedule only and meeting dates may change as circumstances require. Agendas and Minutes of the Council’s meetings will confirm dates as necessary and are posted on the Parish Council’s noticeboard at The Village Hall and on the Parish Website at www.brightwellcumsotwell.co.uk
The Annual Parish Meeting is not a meeting of the Parish Council but a meeting of residents who are local government electors, chaired by the Chairman of the Parish Council and an opportunity for them to discuss parish affairs and to pass resolutions thereon. This meeting is also an opportunity for the Parish Council to explain its activities over the last year.
The Annual Meeting of the Council is the first in the Council’s municipal calendar, and the first business is always the election of the Chairman of the Council.
Upcoming Events › Meetings
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Meetings. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.